Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

You Feeling That Cybertruck?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    It is going to go on the market in 2024 and 2025 and you can buy one now to reserve it.

They are selling for $50k rear-wheel (2025) , $69k all-wheel (2024), and the "beast" for $96k (2024).

I think they look silly but the features seem decent. I just don't see the point in driving one of these if you live where it snows cause EV cars and trucks use up WAY more electricity when it is cold outside!

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It looks like something out of the movie 'Mad Max's , and I don't think it will have much appeal with most ppl ...

That being said, I'm not much of a consumer, so I'm not the best person to respond ...

What I am waiting on are those EVs from the Black Owned MIMS Motors (there's another one that retrofits your old gas guzzler into an EV ... I'll post if I run across the article again) ...

Supporting black / recycling my dollars is my scoreboard, literally... To be able to say I spent 20% of my discretionary in my community just by figuring out my major purchases and redirecting them to black owned companies, makes me feel better about the purchase ...

I remember talking to a Japanese woman in Italy (she was the gf of my Italian teacher at the time) , who told me that 'Americans were stupid for buying Japanese cars' ... Like 'we don't support our own economy, how primitive' ...

Although small, it was an interaction that most will never experience , but it drastically changed my mindset on spending habits ...

I translate that experience to my community (there's a reason why various presidents and others espoused a Buy American campaign ... One should build up their own microeconomy before participating in someone's macroeconomy)

Anyway, I'm digressing ... Here's a link to what I'm waiting for :