The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Anybody heard of Tutnese?

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
The language is starting to catch on among a few ... Cool!

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
The language is starting to catch on among a few ... Cool!

We have a Tut dictionary on the site. Once you get verified, you'll be able to see it.

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Definitely heard of it but don’t really see the value.
I hear ya ... One place I believe this, or any other language we choose, can add value in is in us developing a stronger sense of community ... In my opinion, us as a people are losing that ...

Heatice

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Half Black
Origin
Canada
This just reminds me of that pig latin nonsense. Sure, it is fun to mess with and talk amongst friends but it has no value in the real world. I would rather learn another true language.
We both have the stance on this one. I don't see any real value it's going to add to me and it's why I wouldn't bother about wasting a second on it. I'd rather learn either French or Spanish language.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Hey Rollie...I got my green check!🤗
    Welcome to the club!
    Black Power Queen GIF by The Undefeated

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Definitely heard of it but don’t really see the value.
    I don't plan on trying to learn it for a few reasons but one of them isn't that I don't see value in it.

Anything has a unifying spirit for black folks, for me at least, has value. I don't celebrate Kwanzaa but those that do, are thinking of black folks when they do.

Before it was a national holiday, I've been to one or two Juneteenth cookouts with homies from Texas. Again, its black folks getting together, peacefully, for a black thing.

It may not catch on but the spirit in which it's being introduced (an original FBA centric thing), is not a bad thing I would think.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't plan on trying to learn it for a few reasons but one of them isn't that I don't see value in it.

Anything has a unifying spirit for black folks, for me at least, has value. I don't celebrate Kwanzaa but those that do, are thinking of black folks when they do.

Before it was a national holiday, I've been to one or two Juneteenth cookouts with homies from Texas. Again, its black folks getting together, peacefully, for a black thing.

It may not catch on but the spirit in which it's being introduced (an original FBA centric thing), is not a bad thing I would think.
    Yeah, Juneteenth is another ... My thoughts, the nationalization of holiday may not have been as substantive when juxtaposed , but it's another rallying tool to help keep our eyes on the prize and educate ... Its a winner for me ..

E

educatedman23

Agreed

Yuskii

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We both have the stance on this one. I don't see any real value it's going to add to me and it's why I wouldn't bother about wasting a second on it. I'd rather learn either French or Spanish language.
    I can understand where you're coming from, of not seeing value within the "language", but I can see a potential value within the Tutanese language, because it develops better social bonds among eachother (Specifically ethnically African American individuals #FBA).

I believe that the Tutanese language is solely a language game as of current conditions, but I think that it could eventually become its own language the more African-Americans begin to speak it with others; the language aspects will then begin to form as we start utilizing it more, and later on in later generations of African American people, would be speaking a fully fleshed out language, with grammar, unique words, verbs, adjectives, and culture surrounding it, called Tutanese. A language wholly for African-Americans, spoken by African Americans.

It's a dream of mine for a unified language to be established for African-Americans, and I do think we should use Tutanese, and develop it as a community, a peoples.

It may not be practical as a real language like English, but imagine if we actually used it, and slowly but surely it started becoming its own language, like Haitian creole, Patios, etc...

Yuskii

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This just reminds me of that pig latin nonsense. Sure, it is fun to mess with and talk amongst friends but it has no value in the real world. I would rather learn another true language.
    Sure it's like Piglatin, but look further into the language, and see the endless possibilities of it developing into a real language, and becoming a language that African-Americans can speak to bring us together under a shared cultural trait that isn't heavily adopted by the mainstream media and co-opted by other peoples.