The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Is It Time to Drop the Term African American?

Sankara

Sixer
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
It is all of our responsibility here and there. We all have to hold each other accountable and up as they do for theirs. Sankara understood this when he went to Harlem in 1984 to speak to black people in the US, something many black people forget or don't teach in the public schools cause they do not want us to know what was going on in global context with black nations (Maurice Bishop, Jerry Rawlings, Somara Machel, Nkrumah, Lumumba, and Sekou Toure among brave others) - across the African continent and diasporas between 1959-1990. The unity (pan-africanism) that was beginning to take form before it was disrupted by ws and its flunkies. Sankara and other freedom fighters' spirits live on in your heart and mine. Let us finish the work. Thanks to the New Black Media, balance is being restored to planet earth.
I 100% concur with your assessment. We need more Sankara’s, Lumumba’s, Malema’s, King, Malcolm’s all across the globe.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
It is all of our responsibility here and there. We all have to hold each other accountable and up as they do for theirs. Sankara understood this when he went to Harlem in 1984 to speak to black people in the US, something many black people forget or don't teach in the public schools cause they do not want us to know what was going on in global context with black nations (Maurice Bishop, Jerry Rawlings, Somara Machel, Nkrumah, Lumumba, and Sekou Toure among brave others) - across the African continent and diasporas between 1959-1990. The unity (pan-africanism) that was beginning to take form before it was disrupted by ws and its flunkies. Sankara and other freedom fighters' spirits live on in your heart and mine. Let us finish the work. Thanks to the New Black Media, balance is being restored to planet earth.
All Facts… There's no pan-Africanism anymore.The new term is B1!!!!

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
All Facts… There's no pan-Africanism anymore.The new term is B1!!!!
B1 is the best thing to happen to Black people globally. You either with us or against us, yo skin color only allows consideration but yo mindstate is how you get initiated.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    B1 is the best thing to happen to Black people globally. You either with us or against us, yo skin color only allows consideration but yo mindstate is how you get initiated.
    When are you going to knock of this ghetto talk bruh man I know you don’t talk like this in real life.

RBryant

Registered
    I’m New Here
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Those people are not Africans, they are invaders. For instance, the White people in South Africa are not African, they are Dutch that colonized that region. Same with the Arabs in the North, they invaded around 640 AD.
    That was certainly true for the time being but I think now those people living there now are Africans. It's not like we can choose were we were born. Should a white boy born in South Africa not be able to take pride in the land he was born in just cause his skin color?

I think all those born and raised in Africa can say there are African because that's what they are. Africa is diverse, not just black. The past is the past. Let people be proud of where they were born, not live in constant shame for what their ancestors did hundreds of years ago.

Am I not American because my ancestors were brought over here? Of course not, I was born in Florida & will always be American. I think an Arab or white can say the same if he was born in Africa. Besides the Malagasy have heavy ancestry from Asia & no one disputes their African heritage. It's a bit of a double standard.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    That was certainly true for the time being but I think now those people living there now are Africans. It's not like we can choose were we were born. Should a white boy born in South Africa not be able to take pride in the land he was born in just cause his skin color?

I think all those born and raised in Africa can say there are African because that's what they are. Africa is diverse, not just black. The past is the past. Let people be proud of where they were born, not live in constant shame for what their ancestors did hundreds of years ago.

Am I not American because my ancestors were brought over here? Of course not, I was born in Florida & will always be American. I think an Arab or white can say the same if he was born in Africa. Besides the Malagasy have heavy ancestry from Asia & no one disputes their African heritage. It's a bit of a double standard.
    When they claim “African” they are claiming to be natives of that land which erases the people they have conquered. It’s like White Americans calling themselves natives, they aren’t they are colonists.

If you are Dutch in South Africa you sit ontop of decades of oppression that has not been rectified. If we go by your logic we should consider the White people Africans and call it a day.

I want what is ours not to capitulate to Europeans, Arabs, and now Asians who have come to rob, rape, and kill Black people.

Lastly, they can be proud of who they are, I’d you’re Belgian in Congo be proud of your Belgian heritage and go back to Belgium and have a hoeegarden.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

They can say whatever they feel you’re right but that’s why I can’t go with African American.The colonizers here are proud they were born here even though we were here first.They actually do the opposite and shame us and brag for what their ancestors did to our ancestors hundreds a years ago. They also benefit heavenly from what their ancestors did.I would never say let them be proud!!!!

RBryant

Registered
    I’m New Here
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    When they claim “African” they are claiming to be natives of that land which erases the people they have conquered. It’s like White Americans calling themselves natives, they aren’t they are colonists.

If you are Dutch in South Africa you sit ontop of decades of oppression that has not been rectified. If we go by your logic we should consider the White people Africans and call it a day.

I want what is ours not to capitulate to Europeans, Arabs, and now Asians who have come to rob, rape, and kill Black people.

Lastly, they can be proud of who they are, I’d you’re Belgian in Congo be proud of your Belgian heritage and go back to Belgium and have a hoeegarden.
    That's a pretty wild way of thinking. Only black Africans should live in Africa then? I think someone else had a similar mindset in the 1940s.

You can hold bitterness towards injustices that you've never experience or just move on & work towards improving the motherland. The first step to moving forward is moving forward.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's a pretty wild way of thinking. Only black Africans should live in Africa then? I think someone else had a similar mindset in the 1940s.

You can hold bitterness towards injustices that you've never experience or just move on & work towards improving the motherland. The first step to moving forward is moving forward.
    I don’t think that I think you misunderstood me, I was talking about the colonizers here in America

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ah okay my apologies. What makes someone a colonizer in today's society?
    Coming from a Colonizers lineage and proud to rub it in our face’s.Saying you built America when they know damn well we did.Saying go back to Africa when I never been there lol.Thinking you are Supreme and any other WS ideologies

MoMoneyRiUp

Designing an Afrocentric lifestyle
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m pretty sure this was brought up but i’m new here and need to get this off my chest.
    I can’t stand when we are called African Americans.It’s something the civil rights generation ushered in aka Oldddd Nigggasss.I do recognize there were elders who was riders, Shout out to The elders Neely Fuller, Francis Cress Welsing Dr Claude Anderson just to name a few. I feel like African American has hurt us more than helped us lately .That Elon musk being referred to as the first African American to buy majority stake in Twitter was it for me..
    Is Elon from Africa? He actually bought Twitter? It would be great to know our lineage and call ourselves as our ancestors did. Should we form new nations and assign our grandparents/wise elders as chiefs? Separate and develop our own law? Exercise our right to self-identify? What are your thoughts for how to move beyond the effects of slavery?

MoMoneyRiUp

Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's an extremely sloppy & misleading terminology. Notice, how other countries in the Diaspora are allowed to be referenced, according to their distinct lineages, w/o affixing "African" to it. How often does one hear of African Haitians? African Jamaicans? Etc.? African American, while opening the gateway to non-Black Africans that obtain citizenship here (as stated before, Musk, among others), also dilutes the distinct experience/heritage found in the Black American Descendants of Chattel Slavery: historically known as Freedmen.
    Agreed!!!! Let’s change this ASAP.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Is Elon from Africa? He actually bought Twitter? It would be great to know our lineage and call ourselves as our ancestors did. Should we form new nations and assign our grandparents/wise elders as chiefs? Separate and develop our own law? Exercise our right to self-identify? What are your thoughts for how to move beyond the effects of slavery?
    Let's start with owning the corner liquor store and having all the Black people be on code and go there only. Then beauty supply...if we can't do those basics everything else is just a pipe dream.

MoMoneyRiUp

Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Let's start with owning the corner liquor store and having all the Black people be on code and go there only. Then beauty supply...if we can't do those basics everything else is just a pipe dream.
    I think there a lot of us who do support Black businesses. I’m not entirely sure we can get ALL black folk on code. So many are simply souled out and intent on helping their enemy prevail. I think we need to acknowledge traitors, leave them with their captors, and truly define ourselves and be intentional about liberation and community building.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m pretty sure this was brought up but i’m new here and need to get this off my chest.
    I can’t stand when we are called African Americans.It’s something the civil rights generation ushered in aka Oldddd Nigggasss.I do recognize there were elders who was riders, Shout out to The elders Neely Fuller, Francis Cress Welsing Dr Claude Anderson just to name a few. I feel like African American has hurt us more than helped us lately .That Elon musk being referred to as the first African American to buy majority stake in Twitter was it for me..
    I don't allow anyone to refer to me as that and I never answer to it. I am BLACK first and if they want to get technical refer to me as FBA/DOAS.

Marisheasilver

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Totally in agreement with trashing the oxymoron: African American. The term does not define or apply to Foundational Americans

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think there a lot of us who do support Black businesses. I’m not entirely sure we can get ALL black folk on code. So many are simply souled out and intent on helping their enemy prevail. I think we need to acknowledge traitors, leave them with their captors, and truly define ourselves and be intentional about liberation and community building.
    Absolutely.

Chericeiam

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I am happy that brother Tariq helped us come up with the term "Foundational Black Americans". I am FBA all Day! It cannot be cooped by immigrants and tethers. We have been attempting to find and redefine ourselves for many years! I agree with the minister, the best generation of us has arrived! And the best ideas are rising from this generation!

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am happy that brother Tariq helped us come up with the term "Foundational Black Americans". I am FBA all Day! It cannot be cooped by immigrants and tethers. We have been attempting to find and redefine ourselves for many years! I agree with the minister, the best generation of us has arrived! And the best ideas are rising from this generation!
    Look who it is good to see you posting! Yes we are shaping up to be one of the top 3 Black American generations. Hopefully we make a future where our great grandkids can thrive.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯Sister

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What a silly assless flat face bitch.