Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Serious Question: Is Anyone Considering Or About To Run For Public Office?

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Very, very few people are cut out to run for politics for a myriad of reasons but the great thing about this is that we can all participate.
I was happy to donate to Marcel's campaign and wish I would have given more (PS: you can still help)
Even if its $20, you can do something. If 5,000, 10,000 gives that. The gofundme system is a perfect example. Look at Tariq's projects. I'm just guessing but I'd be surprised if the average contribution was over $50.
The amount we give for his movies or the museum could be done for our candidates. Not just monetary. Your social media, via your avatar, screen pic, whatever. And if you are in the area of a candidate, put in a few hours after work or a Saturday afternoon for a candidate.

You meet like minded people and network as well while doing a worthy cause.
NONE of us are "cut out" to do politics! We do not have the luxury of doing what we want to do or are "cut out" to do, we are in a CRISIS, do yall NOT SEE THAT!?

We have to do what we MUST DO and that is run for office! Saying I am not "cut out" for politics is just a cop out. Donations are necessary but a lot of us rarely do that and more than just donations are needed, people have to sign up to do phone calls, knock on doors, and more!!!!!

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
If I still lived in Texas I might consider running cause of local support but I moved to Colorado and the black population is only 3% of the population and I refuse to cater to white supremacy. However im all for supporting our homegrown grassroots candidates wherever they might be. I have always been into politics. But I have learned having resources for the community is a precursor to diving inti politics.

How do we feel about creating or funding a B1 super pac. That way we can aggregate our money together all over the country in order to better fund our grassroots candidates.
I think Tezlyn mentioned pacs at the reparations rally. That could help us unite and empower our own without being in the same state.
Why not move to a blacker area?

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Gearing up to run for my State Assembly District in 2024. I have ran for office before. This will be my second attempt. I completely agree with you!! Everyone should consider it and also become involved in party State and local “county committees . These are the party organizations that run the party platform and agendas. We need more B1s in these spaces to advocate for Reparations inside the party platform committees, which set the party’s priority issues list. One can also run for caucuses and club leadership. For example, I ran for and served as President of the North Las Vegas Towmnship-Democratic club. There are so many moving parts that we can all be involved in.
I am with you, you are to be COMMENDED for having the heart and the COURAGE to do what is NECESSARY for our people to not just survive but also THRIVE even though most of us...let me stop there.

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Not planning on running myself, but I am planning on taking Tezlyn’s Push the Line class as soon as the next one opens. I want to get in the background of my local politics. 🖤
What good will it do to get involved in your local politics in the background if there are no POLITICIANS putting forth POLICIES specifically for Descendants Of American Slaves such as #reparations!?

brebrecamp

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I have no blog and honestly, I am getting bitterly sick of us, I am seriously getting fed up with us. All this talk about a crisis but no action to show we truly want to get out of it!
There are candid who have no experience in politics for example Trump and people agree with him. Also, when everytime we talk about what we need as a people it falls flat on excuses. I have a learning disability and mental illness I have an excuse to not be nor do politics but these abled body have no excuse which is pathetic.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Why not move to a blacker area?
Well I did alot to escape the oppressive south and now I have 5 acres and we just hit 2 months in our house. My wife and I are big on homesteading off grid. Also I am looking at over 50 plus acres of land around us. We are on the "we have enough land and space to build a maroon colony." Tip.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I have no blog and honestly, I am getting bitterly sick of us, I am seriously getting fed up with us. All this talk about a crisis but no action to show we truly want to get out of it!
I know its frustrating brother. We understand where you coming from. I agree with the notion of being the change you want to see. This is why for me I put My life on the line for my freedom. Lived in an RV for a year on my land before we were able to acquire our house. We have solar power and wind power. Currently working on installing septic and water. Point is we are all soldiers in this war. Some of us have different spexialities meaning we all have to contribute to the cause in different ways. As I posted earlier I think if we had a pool of economic resources to pull from you would see more of us willing to jump into politics.

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Hold on Brotha. The Honorable Chairman Fred Hampton Jr. calls it "battle fatigue". There will be challenges. I appreciate your candidness about all this. There are a few willing to work in some way.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    It’s rather dismissive to assume that the only way to get out of our situation is running for office. You’re denigrating the efforts of all the entrepreneurs, community organizers, volunteers, etc simply because we are not doing what you think we should be doing. I raised $200,000 to establish a STEM summer enrichment program for Black children and will double that next year.

According to your post, I’m not willing to help us get out of our struggle because I’m teaching young Black kids how to write Python? Instead, I should abandon my enrichment programs to go run for office and then have to use that post to advocate for Black children to have STEM programs. I agree that we need more candidates but beating us ALL over the head for not doing so is not the way to make that happen.

Just because we are not in your sphere DOES NOT mean we are doing nothing. You are very influential MarcelForCongress and I hope that in your frustration you don’t attack all of us. We ride for you.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    It would be a game changer.

In many respects. We have too much wishful thinking in a life or death situation.

But to Marcel’s point, if no one runs there’s nobody to support.
    If there's no other MARCEL'S out here, I DIGRESS!

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    We have to find people who can take the stand and support them. There are a lot of black men and women out there willing to stand up but they don't have the support or finances to do it. We can keep going in circles about reparations but until we get people who actually support us and want what we want in positions of power, nothing will change. These old rich white racists will continue to clutch their pearls and lie.

Sadly, this means we need the "white support" as well. We may very well need to establish our own party and get more than just brothers and sisters on board. I think there are white people, enough of them anyway, that agree with reparations and feel nothing was ever done to truly make amends for slavery. We just need to focus on areas where we can make it happen. Then work on spreading it.

I don't know enough about politics to get something like this going but I do know you start on the local level and you empower a group to demand the changes. We get enough people on the same page, we can make it happen. We need to do this for our future generations. They need to have a better and brighter future.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It’s rather dismissive to assume that the only way to get out of our situation is running for office. You’re denigrating the efforts of all the entrepreneurs, community organizers, volunteers, etc simply because we are not doing what you think we should be doing. I raised $200,000 to establish a STEM summer enrichment program for Black children and will double that next year.

According to your post, I’m not willing to help us get out of our struggle because I’m teaching young Black kids how to write Python? Instead, I should abandon my enrichment programs to go run for office and then have to use that post to advocate for Black children to have STEM programs. I agree that we need more candidates but beating us ALL over the head for not doing so is not the way to make that happen.

Just because we are not in your sphere DOES NOT mean we are doing nothing. You are very influential MarcelForCongress and I hope that in your frustration you don’t attack all of us. We ride for you.
    I can understand Marcel's frustration and I don't fault him for it. I say this because who doesn't want to expand on and preach on what they feel to be is a winning strategy for our community. We support Marcel because we know he is true to the game.
    If you were to ask me I would tell you we need to build our own enclaves throughout the country. Uvalde had a population of 2000. But, I know how you need an abundance of resources and shared skills to build a town for our people just like we need an abundance of resources we and shared skills to build on in the realm of politics. Point is we all need to keep pushing in our respective areas as well keep pusbing our people as whole to get on code and produce for our shared interests.
    Frustration with your family normally means you care about your people a great deal.
    No harm in that.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I can understand Marcel's frustration and I don't fault him for it. I say this because who doesn't want to expand on and preach on what they feel to be is a winning strategy for our community. We support Marcel because we know he is true to the game.
    If you were to ask me I would tell you we need to build our own enclaves throughout the country. Uvalde had a population of 2000. But, I know how you need an abundance of resources and shared skills to build a town for our people just like we need an abundance of resources we and shared skills to build on in the realm of politics. Point is we all need to keep pushing in our respective areas as well keep pusbing our people as whole to get on code and produce for our shared interests.
    Frustration with your family normally means you care about your people a great deal.
    No harm in that.
    Frustration is fine but to say that we are not looking to change our fate simply because we are not going into politics is wrong. We need politics and an economic base, we can do both.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Frustration is fine but to say that we are not looking to change our fate simply because we are not going into politics is wrong. We need politics and an economic base, we can do both.
    I respect that sentiment. We have always had the ability to walk and chew gum. Well oiled machine with multiple yet cohesive parts.

Roparker71

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I honestly thought about it... but since I have such radical views about reparations (which we as Foundational Black Americans deserve) and my hatred towards Systemic White Supremacy... I wouldn't know where to begin... not to mention, I have absolutely no political experience...

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I wish I was politically motivated to run for office. I mean, I think I'm smart, and know a lot, but I can't see myself in front of an audience, trying to sway them into voting for me. If I get into politics, it'll be on the backend, helping in other ways. I may not be a politician, but I'd be down to help in any way I can to help bring us a better future.

I think we need to find someone who can do this. But, we each can do our part, whether big or small it may be to help move us into the right direction.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I have to be petty.

Very, very few people are cut out to run for politics for a myriad of reasons

NONE of us are "cut out" to do politics! We do not have the luxury of doing what we want to do or are "cut out" to do, we are in a CRISIS, do yall NOT SEE THAT!?
    Exhibit A:
    Hey I just joined 6zeros.net and I am running for Mayor of Denver CO in 2023!

I’m not trying to be funny but why are you spelling “black” with two C’s?

I have Crip affiliation and the person who did my website does too. That's just who I grew up around and with.

When everyone is cut out for politics you will have Crips running for Mayor.

Nervous Tea Time GIF by VH1

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

We have to do what we MUST DO and that is run for office! Saying I am not "cut out" for politics is just a cop out. Donations are necessary but a lot of us rarely do that and more than just donations are needed, people have to sign up to do phone calls, knock on doors, and more!!!!!
    People who have never ran for public office have no idea how hard to is and what is needed to have a successful campaign and to win an election. They just on the outside looking in, trying to critique while sitting on the side lines!

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I wish I was politically motivated to run for office. I mean, I think I'm smart, and know a lot, but I can't see myself in front of an audience, trying to sway them into voting for me. If I get into politics, it'll be on the backend, helping in other ways. I may not be a politician, but I'd be down to help in any way I can to help bring us a better future.

I think we need to find someone who can do this. But, we each can do our part, whether big or small it may be to help move us into the right direction.
    Again, we need the candidates. Everyone is talking about working in the background but without the candidates in whose background will we be working?

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have to be petty.

Exhibit A:

When everyone is cut out for politics you will have Crips running for Mayor.

Nervous Tea Time GIF by VH1
    The idiots we have now that have Black America on the brink of economic and political extinction, they are "cut out" for politics, is that what you prefer? That is EXACTLY what we will continue to get if we just sit on the sidelines thinking that anything besides a strong political base will protect us.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I honestly thought about it... but since I have such radical views about reparations (which we as Foundational Black Americans deserve) and my hatred towards Systemic White Supremacy... I wouldn't know where to begin... not to mention, I have absolutely no political experience...
    Your views, more than likely, are NOT "radical", they are more than likely things that should have happened a long time ago but we live in such a disgustingly anti-black country that what is right is often viewed as "radical". As far as where to begin, we will support you but the fact that you already have policy ideas or so it sounds, you are already off to a strong start.

Sal B

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We are actually in MORE danger by NOT having candidates stand up for us but I digress.
    Wouldn't it be futile to run for office in a district or locale where the Black population is under 20% and most (non-black) residents are inherently opposed to true justice and Reparations for descendants of American slaves? Shouldn't the ultimate strategy be to coalesce our numbers in predetermined regions and fight for political control of those places under the banner of an independent Party whose main agenda is to serve Black interests? Running as a Democrat or Republican only exposes you to Party corruption, and running in non-majority Black areas exposes you to message dilution or not giving 100% attention to addressing Black issues? How many election cycles must pass before people realize what the best strategy for Black American (Freedmen) salvation actually is?

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Your views, more than likely, are NOT "radical", they are more than likely things that should have happened a long time ago but we live in such a disgustingly anti-black country that what is right is often viewed as "radical". As far as where to begin, we will support you but the fact that you already have policy ideas or so it sounds, you are already off to a strong start.
    Such an excellent point. What we are branded as radical for is the default behavior of everyone else in the USA. Advocating for our community, prioritizing one another, and wanting justice. The last point though is where we differ. Other people don’t want justice they just want to die peacefully.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Wouldn't it be futile to run for office in a district or locale where the Black population is under 20% and most (non-black) residents are inherently opposed to true justice and Reparations for descendants of American slaves? Shouldn't the ultimate strategy be to coalesce our numbers in predetermined regions and fight for political control of those places under the banner of an independent Party whose main agenda is to serve Black interests? Running as a Democrat or Republican only exposes you to Party corruption, and running in non-majority Black areas exposes you to message dilution or not giving 100% attention to addressing Black issues? How many election cycles must pass before people realize what the best strategy for Black American (Freedmen) salvation actually is?
    I am thinking about it

D

Deleted member 1504

My cousin won a seat on the county council in his district. There’s a sizable black population but it is majority non black. He‘s 100% in support of reparations and resources for black americans but that wasn’t the platform he ran on. He ran on issues that effect all the constituents of that district. If he likes politics this can be a stepping stone. He also will be on the inside privy to information and resources and working to get those resources to us. Being inside the room he can establish relationships with other politicians and businesses for fund raising to make moves to run for more powerful positions.

To me it’s smart for politicians to speak to the concerns and needs of all constituents in their district.