The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Student loans preditory

TAILIANNA

Black Communist Daoist Immortal
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Half Black
Origin
Canada
View: https://youtu.be/wuJB9ZohQNI

Intresting debate, these two white people are so smug. They dont understand how its marketed how cometitive you must be in this job market. I do believe black people are super represented and i believe its on purpose. Education should not be for sale especially to people who are desperate. My black sister went in though💖 lord knows the only reason i went was because they said it was free now. But in canada if things happen then they convert into a debt.

TAILIANNA

Black Communist Daoist Immortal
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Half Black
Origin
Canada
I paid for my books & classes, no student loans. Heald Business College
Congrats girl, i think the point wasnt that it cant be done but that to ask underproveldged people to saddlenl their selves with massive debt just to be competititive in the wage market is cruel and ineffective

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Wasn't Biden suppose to make community college free for everyone? Like that was one of his biggest campaign promises. Wtf happened to that? I went to a community college. I wasn't about to go into 50k of debt when I could spend less than 10k and pay it all off in only a few years. Still, having had it free would have been helpful.

BeHart

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Thanks for sharing that college in Canada is free. Maybe I ought to move there? As for student loan debt, in the US this is part of how schools make their money. The schools teach nothing about being able to start a company. Or which skills would matter in society (STEM). And in the end a graduate is enslaved to a debt that takes decades to cover. Or would have to serve in the US military for education benefits as I have. And I still didn't gain anything from college. I got something out of: commercial truck diving, and HVACR.

Victorystatus

Smell my cologne...
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Some of these people went to school for degrees that don't move the needle in society and they don't work in those industries. This is what they wanted, to be independent and not adhere to anyone. Well now you have the freedom to do just that, you also have the freedom of enduring the consequences associated. I got my degree paid for (US Army) and graduated 2 yrs ahead of schedule, now I'm using the rest to pay for tech certifications, a field I wanted to work in as a child and performed while in the service.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Some of these people went to school for degrees that don't move the needle in society and they don't work in those industries. This is what they wanted, to be independent and not adhere to anyone. Well now you have the freedom to do just that, you also have the freedom of enduring the consequences associated. I got my degree paid for (US Army) and graduated 2 yrs ahead of schedule, now I'm using the rest to pay for tech certifications, a field I wanted to work in as a child and performed while in the service.
    It’s also a lack of critical thinking as well. Solid critical thinking skills will have you get the conventional wisdom of degree = good no matter what. People treat college like they treat home purchases, like a rite of passage rather than a major financial decision.

When you go to college you need to do an ROI analysis especially as Black people because you at a racial disadvantage no matter what field you go into. Racial disadvantage plus museum curator degree is financial sepouku.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As someone with an associates, minor, bachelor and masters degree and six figure student loan debt (from reputable institutions) due to said degrees, I would say that the American student loans industry (and colleges in general) are certainly predatory especially when Blk students are being encouraged and pressured to take out massive loans for useless degrees from diploma mills (i.e., for-profit institutions like University of Phoenix) and when said loans cannot be discharged during bankruptcy as they once were. It's bad enough that Blk people, our parents and our families have so little capital that almost all of us have to take out loans in order to obtain a degree in the first place. Then after you've earned one (or several in my case) you can't even get a damn job. I believe wholeheartedly that as FBA's we sould have free college education just like it is for Native Americans. I have actually written about this very issue and many others that negativity affect and impact Blk people in my blog #TagisWorld.

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    As someone with an associates, minor, bachelor and masters degree and six figure student loan debt (from reputable institutions) due to said degrees, I would say that the American student loans industry (and colleges in general) are certainly predatory especially when Blk students are being encouraged and pressured to take out massive loans for useless degrees from diploma mills (i.e., for-profit institutions like University of Phoenix) and when said loans cannot be discharged during bankruptcy as they once were. It's bad enough that Blk people, our parents and our families have so little capital that almost all of us have to take out loans in order to obtain a degree in the first place. Then after you've earned one (or several in my case) you can't even get a damn job. I believe wholeheartedly that as FBA's we sould have free college education just like it is for Native Americans. I have actually written about this very issue and many others that negativity affect and impact Blk people in my blog #TagisWorld.
    Great point. I got a degree in communications and ended up finding out that no one gave a shit what I had to say. #Coldworld

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    How about #CutTheCheck before you #CutTheStudentDebt?
    Wasn't Biden suppose to make community college free for everyone? Like that was one of his biggest campaign promises. Wtf happened to that? I went to a community college. I wasn't about to go into 50k of debt when I could spend less than 10k and pay it all off in only a few years. Still, having had it free would have been helpful.

Yep. I remember as soon as Hoe Biden got elected back in Nov 2021, Chuck o fuck schmuck Schumer was talking about proposing something that would wipe away up to $50k in student loan debt, then Hoe Biden said "Oh wait not $50k, hell no, how about erasing only up to $10k in student debt?" And then, eventually they stopped talking about student loans altogether. People took noticed and were rightfully pissed. Hoe Biden along with Betsy Demonos Devos are also in bed with student loan companies if recall correctly, so it's a conflict of interest.

That bait and switch stunt the Dems pulled is no different then the shit the "Democratic" thugs in blue no matter who pulled regarding the $2000 checks in 2020 / 2021. They claimed if we vote in a Dem President and Congress then we who are eligible get the $2000 stimulus check. Yet, they didn't tell us in advance that you get the $2000*[1] stimulus check with the following terms and conditions: *[1] - Only for those who qualify. If you already received the $600 stimulus check then you will only get $1400 because $600 + $1400 = $2000. Let's have realistic expectations here.

Basically used the same logic of drake's "turn that 9 upside down its a 6 now."
    They fucking lied, misled, and omitted important info. False advertising and they were not upfront and transparent. No wonder scammers keep blowing up my phone, they're one of them and protect each other.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Won't let me edit, but:

Yep. I remember as soon as Hoe Biden got elected back in Nov 2021, Chuck o fuck schmuck Schumer was talking about proposing something that would wipe away up to $50k in student loan debt, then Hoe Biden said "Oh wait not $50k, hell no, how about erasing only up to $10k in student debt?" And then, eventually they stopped talking about student loans altogether. People took noticed and were rightfully pissed. Hoe Biden along with Betsy Demonos Devos are also in bed with student loan companies if recall correctly, so it's a conflict of interest.

That bait and switch stunt the Dems pulled is no different then the shit the "Democratic" thugs in blue no matter who pulled regarding the $2000 checks in 2020 / 2021. They claimed if we vote in a Dem President and Congress then we who are eligible get the $2000 stimulus check. Yet, they didn't tell us in advance that you get the $2000*[1] stimulus check with the following terms and conditions: *[1] - Only for those who qualify. If you already received the $600 stimulus check then you will only get $1400 because $600 + $1400 = $2000. Let's have realistic expectations here.

They only pulled the 180 and the switch after black people helped get Warnock and Ossoff in the senate.

Basically used the same logic of drake's "turn that 6 upside down its a 9 now." You were told and promised that you would get 900, but they only gave you 600. But at least they gave you a bs explanation on why did they so, right?

They fucking lied, misled, and omitted important info. Point blank. False advertising and they were not upfront and transparent. No wonder scammers keep blowing up my phone, they're one of them and protect each other.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Won't let me edit, but:

They only pulled the 180 and the switch after black people helped get Warnock and Ossoff in the senate.

Basically used the same logic of drake's "turn that 6 upside down its a 9 now." You were told and promised that you would get 900, but they only gave you 600. But at least they gave you a bs explanation on why did they so, right?

They fucking lied, misled, and omitted important info. Point blank. False advertising and they were not upfront and transparent. No wonder scammers keep blowing up my phone, they're one of them and protect each other.
    At this point, none of us should be surprised. These people are all snakes and liars. We need to get people who represent us in there and not some men/women willing to run coon soon as they get enough money. We need people who experienced the hardships and the struggles who actually want to make America a better place for black people and want to help mold changes that make positive differences. I am sick of being looked at as nothing more than a vote.

Tati 304

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Lied about that and the Police Civilian Board too. Just lied lied lied.