The Thunderdome

Everything about your favorite sports and teams.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The University of Colorado Boulder officially named Deion Sanders as head coach of its football program on Saturday.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black

Some haters... ANDSCAPE been looking real COONSCAPE since its inception.....this site is Jason Whitlock's aborted baby. He's indirectly responsible for that COON Farm

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I hope Eric Bienemy becomes a Head Coach whether it’s the NFL or College Football
On this tho... in this particular individual special case if i were Eric B id be perfectly happy coaching Mahomes for the rest of time. That's a real unicorn, i wouldn't be so quick to wanna leave

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Some haters... ANDSCAPE been looking real COONSCAPE since its inception.....this site is Jason Whitlock's aborted baby. He's indirectly responsible for that COON Farm
    You are not lying. That sure is basically a younger male root or griot.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don’t think that was true as he was giving 25% of salary to improve JSU’s program. I think he’s getting a bigger bag and moving to an organization with bigger pockets. Some of his staff at JSU was masking $20k.
    Yeah, I heard people stole his personal belongings several times. We FBA can be hard to work with sometimes. We dog out our own worse than anyone else would.

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    He definitely took advantage because he said "GOD sent him to save HBCUs" and he leaves in 3 years and takes a top player who was the number 1 recruit with him to Colorado which isn't a HBCU. If that was his mission and HBCUs was his focus he would have left that HBCU for anotther one and not one of the whitest states in the country. The Number recruit Travis Hunter came to JSU and celebrities supported the cause because if he just went as "Prime Time" that wouldn't have happened. His excuse about burglarly was pretty weak considering that burglary is a problem even at Ivy League Schools, such as Harvard which is always #1 or #2 nationwide and UCSF was number this year in property damage. I also heard the argument about the Alumni putting money together but the Alumni from JSU can't compete with white dollars even if each one of them donated $30. He could have at least got through 4 years so the top players could graduate and make pro because that's how schools benefit from their athletics outside of merchandise but college sports are influenced by the school more than the individual players. I did a whole episode on this and I'm done with this topic because worse the Deion Sanders it's the fact WE continue to look at HBCUs as a last choice rather than first choice. It's the same situation when we talk about improving our communities. I don't want to hear people talk about how people never go back to improve our communities if we are in support of what Deion did but like I said the main culprits are Black people because we indirectly contribute to HBCUs failing and some of us even have the NERVE to be mad at white people attending but they ass didn't choose HBCU so someone had to fill the seat. Or are HBCUs supposed to shut down to not let white people in?

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah, I heard people stole his personal belongings several times. We FBA can be hard to work with sometimes. We dog out our own worse than anyone else would.
    That's a problem at all campuses ESPECIALLY ivy league schools and why are we blaming all of us for the actions of a few people. They couldn't have been people that didn't even attend JSU who did it but they will receive all the blame.

BG_Christo

Sixer First Class+
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As a long time resident of Jackson and with my parents being alumni I can proudly say Deon overachieved and did more than he was expected to.. 2 championships in three years... $30M in revenue...

Blame should be on the administration at these HBCUS they hire these Boulé bullys who act as White Supremacists in all Black spaces...

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As a long time resident of Jackson and with my parents being alumni I can proudly say Deon overachieved and did more than he was expected to.. 2 championships in three years... $30M in revenue...

Blame should be on the administration at these HBCUS they hire these Boulé bullys who act as White Supremacists in all Black spaces...
    That looks good on his resume but that doesn't make HBCUs competitive and you don't win without talent. So attracting those players because of what he said means something and I definitely respect your roots to that city and school but I know that there are people with the same background that feel differently. $30 million dollars in 3 years is chump change when we are talking about colleges. Deon Sanders just got a 26 million dollar contract with Colorado so $30 million sounds like a lot but it doesn't move the needle. We keep blaming boule but #1 the white supremacists because under biden HBCUs are receiving little to nothing compared to what they were getting and BLACK PEOPLE who choose to take their talents and intelligence to other places and like I said if JSU was the problem then why not Moorhouse or Grambling? Why take that greatness to a white institution but maybe that's the problem. I expected, based on what he said to help make HBCUs competitive and other people were just expecting him to win games. Those are two different things. Deion Sanders on highlights the problem that HBCUs are our LAST choice because if another college would have let him coach he wouldn't have went there in the first place and if it was about the money he should have just said that. The real blame tho is on Black people for essentially doing the same thing and chasing dollars somewhere else but don't tell me he didn't sell a dream because he did.

BG_Christo

Sixer First Class+
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You realize Deon paid the staff out of his salary... and honestly JSU is more concerned about letting men wear purses on campus than being a beacon of HBCU excellence.. in Deon's tenure they focused on "diversity"

And frankly JSU looked over more qualified small name coaches to get Prime.. they were supposed to have a contingency plan other than shaming.. that goes for all HBCUs they have tons of talent and choose to outsource then wonder why they fail to compete..

Kalimba

Member of NABJ/Investigative Reporter
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Day 1, Deion Sanders has always been about himself and never for the collective of Black ppl, AS A GROUP, so it doesn't really surprise me that he used his own ppl to get a better gig to recoup all those yrs he partied his millions away. He is too old and has had too many millions to be out here still chasing paychecks!

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You realize Deon paid the staff out of his salary... and honestly JSU is more concerned about letting men wear purses on campus than being a beacon of HBCU excellence.. in Deon's tenure they focused on "diversity"

And frankly JSU looked over more qualified small name coaches to get Prime.. they were supposed to have a contingency plan other than shaming.. that goes for all HBCUs they have tons of talent and choose to outsource then wonder why they fail to compete..
    Yes and I may not have said that here but I have said that on my platform and I am not going out my way to demonize him or even call him a C00N because I don't feel like that was the case. I personally feel like he found out the sacrifice it takes to make those promises come true were more difficult. The other thing is that Prime wasn't getting offers from other schools as well so JSU did him a favor by even giving him a platform in the first place so that goes two ways. HBCUs don't have the talent because every year the top recruits choose non-HBCUs to go play for so the talent goes elsewhere. You can't win without talent. Coach can't go out there and play for them. Duke, Kentucky, Michigan or any other winning campus doesn't win without talent. They can't compete because the top 100 players choose to play somewhere else. Prime doesn't win if he doesn't have talent and luckily he has his sons who are talented but without that you can't win and I think you'll see him become an average coach after this season.

To your point about "Diversity": That's yet another result of Black people not choosing HBCUs first I hate to sound harsh but you can't compete if you only get the "scraps" of the community. It's a tough pill to swallow but that's the reality and a part of me understands it. You go to college to maximize your opportunities and HBCUs CAN"T compete with what they have. That was an issue 50 years ago and that's only exacerbated now because now white institutions realized the value in taking Black resources (the students) from HBCUs because if they hadn't then we may very well be having a different conversation.

I'll leave it at this, and btw I appreciate you having a respectful discourse with me on this, I'm not saying JSU isn't the problem but why not another HBCU? This legacy is going to cause a larger stain on the entirety of HBCUs and not JSU itself and reinforces the message that HBCUs aren't good enough.

BG_Christo

Sixer First Class+
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    All season these other HBCUs outside of a few have been taking shots at him... I get it.. but I believe the whole thing comes from the mentality that since Prime is successful or when other Black people are successful or provide a particular set of skills hard to come by the people expect Jesus level humility.... it's been a lot going on behind the scenes they've been threatening his family and thats unacceptable in my opinion..

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    All season these other HBCUs outside of a few have been taking shots at him... I get it.. but I believe the whole thing comes from the mentality that since Prime is successful or when other Black people are successful or provide a particular set of skills hard to come by the people expect Jesus level humility.... it's been a lot going on behind the scenes they've been threatening his family and thats unacceptable in my opinion..
    No I think if he wouldn't have said anything about "GOD" and "HBCU" we would be fine. Jackie Robinson, Paul Robeson, and many others all went thru that but it comes down to sacrifice and in Deion's case how he represented himself. He doesn't need to be humble but be more careful with his words in the future which I don't think will be a problem moving forward

BG_Christo

Sixer First Class+
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I personally have a policy to tune people out when they say God called them to do something because that's usually a red flag... people use religion to avoid legitimate criticism.. the thing is many people told you exactly what Deon Sanders would do.. people played pretend..

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's a problem at all campuses ESPECIALLY ivy league schools and why are we blaming all of us for the actions of a few people. They couldn't have been people that didn't even attend JSU who did it but they will receive all the blame.
    Maybe so, you make a good point. But my experience with HBCUs hasn’t been great. I grew up in a majority Black city and whenever Black folks were in charge stuff like this happened, unfortunately. The HBCU treated their students and staff badly. My experience has been that we’re messy and on a self-hate trip that sometimes makes us treat others better than our own.
    But, yeah, maybe outsiders were involved. I hope so.