The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The "Model Minority" Doesn't Want Your Kids Going To School With Theirs.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA

FAIRFAX COUNTY, Va. - A group of Fairfax County parents and supporters rallied Thursday afternoon, calling out the school board over an admissions policy they say reduced the number of Asian-American students enrolled at the Thomas Jefferson High School of Science and Technology.

It’s an argument they took all the way to court. And a federal judge sided with them, citing changes to the policy as discriminatory.

However, some say they are upset the school board plans to appeal that judge’s decision.

Asra Nomani, the co-founder of the Coalition for TJ, said they want the admission process to be based solely on merit.

"We are standing up and saying Fairfax County needs to stop this discrimination," Nomani said. "It is systemic discrimination; it is systemic racism."

According to the FCPS website, the admission process is still based on merit.

RELATED: Lawsuit says new Thomas Jefferson HS admissions policy discriminates against Asian-Americans

The district said those changes to the admissions process were made in an effort to give lower-income minority students a better chance of getting in.

According to the FCPS website, Black students increased from 1.23% in the 2020-2021 school year to 7.09% this school year; Hispanic students increased from 3.29% to 11.27%.

Asian-American students still make up most of the class of 2025 at 54.36%, a decrease from 73.05% the year prior.

"They basically put in place a purge of Asian students," Nomani said.
"They need to go back to an admissions process that accepted students based on merit alone."

Jinuwei Chen, Vice President of the TJ Alumni Action Group, said the policy is still based on merit.

"There’s a lot of anti-Asian hate going on right now, and I don’t think; this is not an example."

Chen says there’s still a GPA requirement and an essay to fill out for the application process.

"They didn’t do it by tweaking racial quotas or anything they did it by targeting socioeconomic factors," Chen said. "Which is why as you saw when they made changes that targeted eliminating the admissions fee, eliminating the standardized test which has become increasingly preparable over the years, that increased equity; that made it more accessible for students of all socioeconomic
backgrounds to apply and make it in."

Nomani suggested the school system create a second school.

"We should not all be fighting over the same pie," Nomani said. "They should make another pie. They should create a middle school that becomes a pipeline to TJ where the kids are actually going to be going into the advanced math and science [classes], so they’re prepared."

#StopAsianHate though
fumeiHL.png

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    HOMESCHOOL 👏 YOUR 👏 DAMN 👏 KIDS 👏

I keep telling people this. They are like "but I don't have the time" or "they won't listen to me"... You do not want them being raised in a school system that will corrupt them or one that will mistreat them. These school systems in America are actively anti-black. All of them. Public, private, whatever.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    "We should not all be fighting over the same pie," Nomani said. "They should make another pie."

^^^ The same argument applies to Reparations for Foundational Black Americans 1000%. Y'all can stop fighting over and against our own pie we are fighting to get. Y'all non-Blacks need to advocate for your own damn pie, grievances and problems within reason and not at the expense of Black people.

Merit, shmerit. Haven't enough of these Asians and whites been caught cheating and paying their way to the top in several scandals already? Haven't they supported those that fake the funk and don't actually have any real merit?

I highly suggest y'all whites and non-Blacks stop complaining about Black people and what we are doing while stifling our progress and pull yourselves by the bootstraps with your non-Black privileges and stop oppressing us (especially under the guise of the "greater good").

Asians (including East Indians) on average make more money than even whites and they have Model Minority privileges and benefit from white Supremacy via honorary white privilege despite a few bruises and scratches (aka the "Asian Hate" for not being white) they get here and there. So they should never be included in the fictional POC "coalition" and they should never be considered disadvantaged minorities along with the rest of us. Same with white women and even white LGBT.
    That in itself is privilege as its finest and them having their cake and eating it too. These groups know that they don't suffer from the same level and longevity of oppression as Black people do.

Black people, who are intelligent and meet the necessary qualifications despite systematic anti-Black oppression keeping us down, getting better access to quality education at the expense of a few privileged Asians and whites is considered "Asian Hate" now?! How silly and dense.

More proof that these so-called non-Black "POC" groups, along with whites, don't actually give a damn about equality, fairness, justice, and equity that they preach to us Black people about during their intellectual masturbation exercises, especially on platforms such as Twitter, to shut us up and deceptively convince us that all POC and minorities must unify against the system because "we are all in this together" and "we are all on the same boat."

If whites, non-Black POC and minorities were really on the same boat as us, then why do they all get more levels of support and resources than we do and why do they use their movements and beliefs to attack and undermine us?! And why haven't they suffered from the barbaric, ungodly, downright demonic levels of oppression we've been facing #467YearsANDCounting ?

#CutTheBullshit

We've Had Enough.

#StopBlackPeopleHate
    #BlackLivesMatter
    #CutTheCheck
    #ReparationsNow

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    HOMESCHOOL 👏 YOUR 👏 DAMN 👏 KIDS 👏

I keep telling people this. They are like "but I don't have the time" or "they won't listen to me"... You do not want them being raised in a school system that will corrupt them or one that will mistreat them. These school systems in America are actively anti-black. All of them. Public, private, whatever.
    ALWAYS have been & ALWAYS will be! 💯 I was sending my children to Muslim schools, until ALL the schools were immediately shut down!
    Even during my middle & high school days, ALL Black courses were immediately taken off the curriculum, without explanation!

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    ALWAYS have been & ALWAYS will be! 💯 I was sending my children to Muslim schools, until ALL the schools were immediately shut down!
    Even during my middle & high school days, ALL Black courses were immediately taken off the curriculum, without explanation!
    What's happening with the Texas public school systems is just as bad. They're trying to remove all traces of anti-Black racism from textbooks and curriculums statewide.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    What's happening with the Texas public school systems is just as bad. They're trying to remove all traces of anti-Black racism from textbooks and curriculums statewide.
    Always been that way as well & not just in TX. Trying to constantly hide & lie about who & what they really are! 💯

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You know what? Phuck ALL those slant eyed Bat wing soup sippers, It's time for a mass Black Students be pulled out of their WS school system for Home schooling GD!!! I'll be damn. These flat face MFs want to cozy up to Mr & Mrs Charlie ok well kool go. But when they show you how they really feel about you Asians I don't want to hear jack from them.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    You know what? Phuck ALL those slant eyed Bat wing soup sippers, It's time for a mass Black Students be pulled out of their WS school system for Home schooling GD!!! I'll be damn. These flat face MFs want to cozy up to Mr & Mrs Charlie ok well kool go. But when they show you how they really feel about you Asians I don't want to hear jack from them.
    They'll ALL be shown the real deal, sooner or later! 💯

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    They'll ALL be shown the real deal, sooner or later! 💯
    i know Sis but GD how much more are we going to take? The Pink parasites have even morphed other races to do this anti black pile on. I mean you would think that at least the Japanese who the pinkertons nuked not once but twice but even those Asians have their Toung deep in their ass. This shit gets old fast.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    i know Sis but GD how much more are we going to take? The Pink parasites have even morphed other races to do this anti black pile on. I mean you would think that at least the Japanese who the pinkertons nuked not once but twice but even those Asians have their Toung deep in their ass. This shit gets old fast.
    They, plus some of ours, have been brainwashed beyond imagination. We can only gather those that are willing to die for our liberation. Everyone else, still think WS won't turn against them, but they'll soon find out the COLD, HARD, UNDENIABLE TRUTH! 💯

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    They, plus some of ours, have been brainwashed beyond imagination. We can only gather those that are willing to die for our liberation. Everyone else, still think WS won't turn against them, but they'll soon find out the COLD, HARD, UNDENIABLE TRUTH! 💯
    Jackpot!!!

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Phuck ALL those slant eyed Bat wing soup sippers
    Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Tell them how you really feel.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    More proof that these so-called non-Black "POC" groups, along with whites, don't actually give a damn about equality, fairness, justice, and equity that they preach to us Black people about during their intellectual masturbation exercises, especially on platforms such as Twitter, to shut us up and deceptively convince us that all POC and minorities must unify against the system because "we are all in this together" and "we are all on the same boat."
    If they did Sis the whites would kick them out of the country quicker than you can say beef and broccoli. Everyone seemed to understand the game being played but us.

We are also not wrong at the same time because we are all in the same boat but the white supremacist wants to throw us overboard first with the help of POC and once we are overboard it’s going to throw POC over next.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    People don't want to live in reality. They like to think the state and the government still have their backs. They never did. Just because some people wanted to end slavery doesn't mean they all did and you can see the institutional racism all over this country. They still want us as slaves but they do it with our wallets now and corrupt the minds of our youth.

Jay_Judah202

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Lmao! @ Bat wing soup slippers 🤣🤣🤣