The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The Official Gun Owners Thread

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I would love to see every Black person (especially Black women) who is legally able own at least one gun.
It's an important tool, but for some reason many of us are deathly afraid of owning them.
yeah mayne, I got some on and off the books. I got an AR-15, a Rock Island Armory .45, and a Sig Sauer. I’m tryna get my mom and sis to got shooting with me but they act scared.

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I'm looking into some options. Don't know where to start. With the way the government is acting, I think it is important everyone in the US owns a gun, especially black folks to protect themselves and their families. Best to do it as legal as you can but I know cities like Chicago don't make it easy.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm looking into some options. Don't know where to start. With the way the government is acting, I think it is important everyone in the US owns a gun, especially black folks to protect themselves and their families. Best to do it as legal as you can but I know cities like Chicago don't make it easy.
    You need guns on and off the radar. You can buy kits online and build them yourself. I’m in CA and we have to sign forms to buy ammo, the government is all in our shit.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    One of the first step is learning your state's gun laws. In some states (TX, VA, GA, for example), buying a gun only requires a state ID or legal age.
    In other states, you have to buy permits, take classes, and more.
    The last thing you want to do is go to jail simply for trying to protect yourself & your loved ones.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't own a gun myself. I've always been scared of guns because a friend of mine pulled one on me as a joke. It wasn't loaded thank god, but I freaked out when it happened.

But, these days I have no issues with them and have even considered buying a pistol or something. I also wouldn't mind taking some of the bigger guns out to a gun range and go shooting.

You need guns on and off the radar. You can buy kits online and build them yourself. I’m in CA and we have to sign forms to buy ammo, the government is all in our shit.
    I heard that ammo is hard to come by here as well. A friend of mine goes out and buys up as much shotgun ammo as he can, but they are so low on it, that it's becoming expensive. As well, you can only buy a small amount.

I'm not sure why there seems to be a shortage in ammo these days, but it does worry me.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't own a gun myself. I've always been scared of guns because a friend of mine pulled one on me as a joke. It wasn't loaded thank god, but I freaked out when it happened.

But, these days I have no issues with them and have even considered buying a pistol or something. I also wouldn't mind taking some of the bigger guns out to a gun range and go shooting.

I heard that ammo is hard to come by here as well. A friend of mine goes out and buys up as much shotgun ammo as he can, but they are so low on it, that it's becoming expensive. As well, you can only buy a small amount.

I'm not sure why there seems to be a shortage in ammo these days, but it does worry me.
    Sorry about your friend traumatizing you. That was stupid & very dangerous. I've had a gun pulled on me, and it is definitely scary.

Most gun ranges will rent guns to you. If you want to try a rifle or a shotgun, that's a good way to practice before you purchase.

Ammo is becoming more available, but some calibres (.9mm especially) are still very expensive due to price gouging & increased demand during the pandemic & the last election.

Last edited:

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I plan on getting a rifle soon. Being in NY, a pistol permit is nearly impossible to get.

They make it super difficult here in Cali but it’s now shifting. We were about to have CCWs acRoss but that skank Kamala Harris messed it up.

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    One of the first step is learning your state's gun laws. In some states (TX, VA, GA, for example), buying a gun only requires a state ID or legal age.
    In other states, you have to buy permits, take classes, and more.
    The last thing you want to do is go to jail simply for trying to protect yourself & your loved ones.
    I hear stories about it all the time and it primarily affects black folks living in rundown city areas. They want a gun, the state tells them no, so they go outside the state to get one and when they get caught with it, they get put in prison. Just for wanting to protect themselves and their family. It is insanity.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I inherited a few old guns from my grandfather when he died but that's all I have. I've looked into others but as @eclipsed said, I don't know where to start. I also live in a real red neck area so it's uncomfortable going into gun ranges or gun stores around here.
    Before you buy new guns, decide why you want to own firearms:
    - are you interested in home defense?
    -do you want newer guns to add to your grandfather's collection?
    -do you want to take up shooting as a hobby?
    -do you want a gun that you can carry for self defense?
    -do you want to hunt deer, hogs, or other wildlife?

Knowing why you want guns will help steer you to the right type of gun (rifle, handgun, shotgun) to suit your needs.

If you want something for daily carry, I'd recommend a .380 or a .9mm (Be warned, .9mm ammo is very expensive right now). Both of these calibres are affordable, easy to carry, and pretty easy to operate.

If you are interested in a gun for home defense, either an AR-15 or a shotgun are good choices, but they each have pros & cons depending on your type of house/apartment.

Since you don't feel comfortable shopping in your local area, you can buy guns online (I posted a list of stores in this thread if you need it), and have them shipped to an FFL dealer in your area. That way, you can largely avoid dealing with unsavory people.

If you have children KEEP YOUR GUNS LOCKED AND SECURED WHEN NOT IN USE. Also, if you can, buy a gun safe to protect your kids from their natural curiosity.

Finally, if you are buying a gun for self defense, I'd strongly recommend that you purchase ccw insurance. That's a special type of insurance that protects you if you ever have to use your gun (some companies also cover knives, fists, etc.) to protect yourself, your family, and/or your home.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Before you buy new guns, decide why you want to own firearms:
    - are you interested in home defense?
    -do you want newer guns to add to your grandfather's collection?
    -do you want to take up shooting as a hobby?
    -do you want a gun that you can carry for self defense?
    -do you want to hunt deer, hogs, or other wildlife?

Knowing why you want guns will help steer you to the right type of gun (rifle, handgun, shotgun) to suit your needs.

If you want something for daily carry, I'd recommend a .380 or a .9mm (Be warned, .9mm ammo is very expensive right now). Both of these calibres are affordable, easy to carry, and pretty easy to operate.

If you are interested in a gun for home defense, either an AR-15 or a shotgun are good choices, but they each have pros & cons depending on your type of house/apartment.

Since you don't feel comfortable shopping in your local area, you can buy guns online (I posted a list of stores in this thread if you need it), and have them shipped to an FFL dealer in your area. That way, you can largely avoid dealing with unsavory people.

If you have children KEEP YOUR GUNS LOCKED AND SECURED WHEN NOT IN USE. Also, if you can, buy a gun safe to protect your kids from their natural curiosity.

Finally, if you are buying a gun for self defense, I'd strongly recommend that you purchase ccw insurance. That's a special type of insurance that protects you if you ever have to use your gun (some companies also cover knives, fists, etc.) to protect yourself, your family, and/or your home.
    This is amazing advice and I will add:

DO NOT ALLOW YOUR KIDS TO PLAY WITH TOY GUNS.

A lot of Nerf guns have realistic action so when they learn how to load and shoot them they learn how to load and shoot real firearms. What they haven't grasped yet is that when you shoot someone with a real gun they don't laugh and run away. When you start your kids off with real firearms and live ammo they get to hear the piercing sound, the forceful recoil and it is intuitively clear that it isn't a toy.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

A lot of Nerf guns have realistic action so when they learn how to load and shoot them they learn how to load and shoot real firearms. What they haven't grasped yet is that when you shoot someone with a real gun they don't laugh and run away. When you start your kids off with real firearms and live ammo they get to hear the piercing sound, the forceful recoil and it is intuitively clear that it isn't a toy.
    Correct. Even though, I grew up playing with toy guns, I don't allow my child to do so. I teach that guns are tools, not toys, and they are designed to destroy.

Geoff

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks

Man... I remember being 6 years old and having one of them new super soakers for like 3 hours. Then my dad came home and threw them shits in the trash

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Gorgeous and smart.

In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    You know how many firearm misfires, accidental homicides, etc would be resolved if these simple steps were followed? Trigger discipline is the number on thing that makes me go wince when I see the lack of it in videos. I follow the methodology, when you see my pistol it’s about to shoot.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Sorry about your friend traumatizing you. That was stupid & very dangerous. I've had a gun pulled on me, and it is definitely scary.

Most gun ranges will rent guns to you. If you want to try a rifle or a shotgun, that's a good way to practice before you purchase.

Ammo is becoming more available, but some calibres (.9mm especially) are still very expensive due to price gouging & increased demand during the pandemic & the last election.
    Thanks. It was one of those things that stuck with me for years. Even though it was a good friend of mine, I still had nightmares and anxiety because of it. But I got to shoot off a gun years ago and the anxiety kinda drifted away.

And yeah, I'm glad it's becoming more available. Might have to go out shooting soon myself. :)

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    Thanks. It was one of those things that stuck with me for years. Even though it was a good friend of mine, I still had nightmares and anxiety because of it. But I got to shoot off a gun years ago and the anxiety kinda drifted away.

And yeah, I'm glad it's becoming more available. Might have to go out shooting soon myself. :)
    Do you still hangout with this individual? pamgrierdisgust