The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The Official Gun Owners Thread

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
I need to get my hands on some candy bars with the quickness. My mom was telling me she got 8,9 guns up ate her crib. I figure I need at least a shotgun and a glock to feel somewhat protected. Finally got enoug money aside to do some purchasing adnw as tryna go through a black owned business, but my guy kinda flaked on me. He came through when I needed a permit to buy license, but ain't heard from him in a few months. I live in NorCal and all the Black owned spots are south of me. Tryna figure out what i should do next. I'm doing my best not to put any money in the white boys' pockets

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I need to get my hands on some candy bars with the quickness. My mom was telling me she got 8,9 guns up ate her crib. I figure I need at least a shotgun and a glock to feel somewhat protected. Finally got enoug money aside to do some purchasing adnw as tryna go through a black owned business, but my guy kinda flaked on me. He came through when I needed a permit to buy license, but ain't heard from him in a few months. I live in NorCal and all the Black owned spots are south of me. Tryna figure out what i should do next. I'm doing my best not to put any money in the white boys' pockets
You can still buy from a Black owned gun store located anywhere in the country (I posted a list of Black owned stores in one of the first posts in this thread).

The process is pretty simple:
1. Order online or by phone with a Black owned gun store.
2. The Black owned store will transfer your firearm to a gun store near you (to save time, make sure that the store you purchase from already has the FFL documents of your local store. The seller can tell you that pretty quickly).
3. Once you pay for your gun, the Black owned store will ship your firearm to your local store for pickup (you will have to pay the local store a small transfer fee, usually less than $40).

That's it! Nice & easy.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
You can still buy from a Black owned gun store located anywhere in the country (I posted a list of Black owned stores in one of the first posts in this thread).

The process is pretty simple:
1. Order online or by phone with a Black owned gun store.
2. The Black owned store will transfer your firearm to a gun store near you (to save time, make sure that the store you purchase from already has the FFL documents of your local store. The seller can tell you that pretty quickly).
3. Once you pay for your gun, the Black owned store will ship your firearm to your local store for pickup (you will have to pay the local store a small transfer fee, usually less than $40).

That's it! Nice & easy.
preciate that fam! I'm getting on that right neoowww

Dollene

Sixer
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin

Dollene

Sixer
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin

jsain360

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I'm looking into some options. Don't know where to start. With the way the government is acting, I think it is important everyone in the US owns a gun, especially black folks to protect themselves and their families. Best to do it as legal as you can but I know cities like Chicago don't make it easy.
I'm in Chicago, I heard the state might get rid of the FOID cards, I got mine, it only costs $10, as long as your record is clean you can get one, just go online an apply, but it takes a long time for them to mail it to you

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin

Dollene

Sixer
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
I have a .38 and a Mossberg. I need to practice more often, clean my tools, etc. Been focused on learning the HVAC trade for money.
That’s a great trade to get into it. Commercial properties have to upgrade their systems to these new eco friendly units. Plenty of work and good money.

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
anybody ever patronize Melanin Metal? I was thinking about giving him some business
I've seen them online, and plan to support.
I want to order a kydex holster from 77solutions (a Black owned company), but the owner is taking a break due to a huge number of orders. Their holsters are really nice, though. Login • Instagram

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I'm working on completing my first gun purchase, a glock, and plan to buy another one this month of next, and my third purchase will probably be a shotgun. WHat accessories do i need to put money aside for? ammo? body armor? gun safe? holsters? anything else ya'll would recommend?
First off, why are you buying firearms?
Do you want to get into shooting as a hobby? Are you buying for self defense? Or, do you want guns for home/business protection?
Answering that will help you determine which accessories you need next.

I'm not trying to be evasive, I'm just trying to give you the correct information.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
First off, why are you buying firearms?
Do you want to get into shooting as a hobby? Are you buying for self defense? Or, do you want guns for home/business protection?
Answering that will help you determine which accessories you need next.

I'm not trying to be evasive, I'm just trying to give you the correct information.
Protection, my good brother.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Protection, my good brother.
Wise man. Since you're buying for protection, I always recommend the following to go with your new firearm:
  1. A holster. NEVER POCKET CARRY! Kydex is always a good holster material. Leather can sometimes scratch your gun's finish. Try to avoid foam or neoprene holsters, they're a waste of money.
  2. Some quick advice: If you're going to carry concealed, make sure you ALWAYS keep your concealed permit on you whenever you leave your house.
  3. I strongly recommend you purchase ccw insurance when you buy your gun. It's not a sexy purchase, but you'll need to have legal protection if you ever have to use your gun (or knife, or hands) to defend yourself or your family. Despite what you may think, you can still go to jail or prison simply for using your gun, even if you are a legal owner. Protect yourself.
  4. Ammo prices are high right now, so don't buy too much. Ask the gun store to sell you 1-2 boxes of defense (hollow tip) ammo and maybe 2-3 boxes of range (full metal jacket) ammo. That should be enough to get you started. Also, try to avoid steel jacketed ammo; it's cheaper, but it can sometimes damage your gun.
  5. Your new gun will come with a lock, but if you have children or other people in your house, buy a gun safe.
  6. Also, buy yourself some ear and eye protection and a range bag for practicing with your gun.
That should get you started. If you have any other questions, or need me to be more specific, please feel free to ask. I'm here to help.✊🏾

Be safe, and stay dangerous.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Wise man. Since you're buying for protection, I always recommend the following to go with your new firearm:
  1. A holster. NEVER POCKET CARRY! Kydex is always a good holster material. Leather can sometimes scratch your gun's finish. Try to avoid foam or neoprene holsters, they're a waste of money.
  2. Some quick advice: If you're going to carry concealed, make sure you ALWAYS keep your concealed permit on you whenever you leave your house.
  3. I strongly recommend you purchase ccw insurance when you buy your gun. It's not a sexy purchase, but you'll need to have legal protection if you ever have to use your gun (or knife, or hands) to defend yourself or your family. Despite what you may think, you can still go to jail or prison simply for using your gun, even if you are a legal owner. Protect yourself.
  4. Ammo prices are high right now, so don't buy too much. Ask the gun store to sell you 1-2 boxes of defense (hollow tip) ammo and maybe 2-3 boxes of range (full metal jacket) ammo. That should be enough to get you started. Also, try to avoid steel jacketed ammo; it's cheaper, but it can sometimes damage your gun.
  5. Your new gun will come with a lock, but if you have children or other people in your house, buy a gun safe.
  6. Also, buy yourself some ear and eye protection and a range bag for practicing with your gun.
That should get you started. If you have any other questions, or need me to be more specific, please feel free to ask. I'm here to help.✊🏾

Be safe, and stay dangerous.
preciste it brother. I got some homework to do.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Do you brothers & sisters own firearms?
    Do you know how to shoot, clean, and maintain your guns?
    What are those collections looking like?
    Yes

Yes

For me to know and some unlucky bastard to find out.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    With all of the monitoring going on online, I'd never let my enemy know what they have competition with.

I don't knock you if you show your heat... I just don't take chances.
    If it's not a ghost, they already know. Keep those ghosts hidden, though.

Tellitlikeitis

Registered
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I don't own a gun myself. I've always been scared of guns because a friend of mine pulled one on me as a joke. It wasn't loaded thank god, but I freaked out when it happened.

But, these days I have no issues with them and have even considered buying a pistol or something. I also wouldn't mind taking some of the bigger guns out to a gun range and go shooting.

I heard that ammo is hard to come by here as well. A friend of mine goes out and buys up as much shotgun ammo as he can, but they are so low on it, that it's becoming expensive. As well, you can only buy a small amount.

I'm not sure why there seems to be a shortage in ammo these days, but it does worry me.
    The shortage of Ammo is because the military gets first dibs. After the military, the police departments are next in line. After the police departments, the rest goes to the general public. When the “plandemic” started guns and ammo went flying of the shelves. Here in Colorado, ammo is hard to come by.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA