The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The Official Gun Owners Thread

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ruger P-95, 22 Long Rifle, 30-30 Long Rifle, 410 shotgun.
    Know how to shoot all of them.
    Qualified on the P-95 at FLETC. Was sharpshooter on 9mm and M-16 in Army.

I always say to people, before you f*** with me just know that in order for me to get the title Army veteran I had to hit targets 300 m away with open sights.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BrrlX1CMYDU&t=8s

I've been thinking about buying this pretty mf for a while now. I rented a St. Victor pistol at one of my local ranges, and it's very fun to shoot. The only thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger (no pun intended) is how loud it is. IMO, it barks louder than a 12 gauge.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Do you brothers & sisters own firearms?
    Do you know how to shoot, clean, and maintain your guns?
    What are those collections looking like?
    I do own 3 firearms. I call them Auntie (my Glock), GG (my AR), and grandma (my shotgun). I shoot at an area range, but I only go when I can go with a few Black men I know because the pilgrims be acting like we're not supposed to be in those spaces. I have a few associates who are retired law enforcement so we shoot regularly and they teach me how to handle my firearms. I clean them every few months (2-3 times per year). I'm not getting anything else. Focused on buying more ammo which is hard to find and on food production now.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I do own 3 firearms. I call them Auntie (my Glock), GG (my AR), and grandma (my shotgun). I shoot at an area range, but I only go when I can go with a few Black men I know because the pilgrims be acting like we're not supposed to be in those spaces. I have a few associates who are retired law enforcement so we shoot regularly and they teach me how to handle my firearms. I clean them every few months (2-3 times per year). I'm not getting anything else. Focused on buying more ammo which is hard to find and on food production now.
    I love this! My reason for starting this thread is because I want to see more responsible Black American men and ESPECIALLY more Black women armed, trained, and able to defend themselves.
    Stay dangerous, Sister! ✊🏾

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Love those names! ❤ I name mine as well. My Glock 17 is The Massa Blasta, My Canik is Kit Kat, to break 'em off a BIG piece & my double barrel Shot Gun is Buck, full of buck shot! 💯

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Love those names! ❤ I name mine as well. My Glock 17 is The Massa Blasta, My Canik is Kit Kat, to break 'em off a BIG piece & my double barrel Shot Gun is Buck, full of buck shot! 💯
    "The Massa Blasta"
    VY2wmdR.png

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    boss lol GIF by The PoshGirlsClub
    we are ready! Try Jesus, don't try these power tools.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Do you brothers & sisters own firearms?
    Do you know how to shoot, clean, and maintain your guns?
    What are those collections looking like?
    Aside from shooting guns in video games that I play, I have never dreamt of owning a firearm in real life because it creeps me out big time after one of my classmate accidentally shot himself dead with his father glock 26.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Aside from shooting guns in video games that I play, I have never dreamt of owning a firearm in real life because it creeps me out big time after one of my classmate accidentally shot himself dead with his father glock 26.
    So sorry about your classmate. In this day & time race soldiers are killing us on a daily basis. You & your loved ones need to be armed, trained & ready, AT ALL TIMES & BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY! 💯

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So sorry about your classmate. In this day & time race soldiers are killing us on a daily basis. You & your loved ones need to be armed, trained & ready, AT ALL TIMES & BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY! 💯
    You have a very good point and it's something that I understand completely but I would have to get over the phobia of guns first and it's not been easy for me no matter how much I have tried. I'm open to suggestions on what I should do about it.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    I have been following up on a former WWE superstar Bill Goldberg on his shooting practices. He's one hell of a shooter from all the sort f guns that he can handle perfectly.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7y8uZ-TI8iI

One assault riffle that I'm looking forward to having is M16. I'm not sure how to go about it yet, but I'm definitely getting it one way or another.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    You have a very good point and it's something that I understand completely but I would have to get over the phobia of guns first and it's not been easy for me no matter how much I have tried. I'm open to suggestions on what I should do about it.
    Have someone that you trust train you. Your phobia will leave & you'll feel safe & secure.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't own a gun, I am too afraid to carry a firearm or even own a firearm. I hate violence, I like non-violence. I follow Martin Luther King. I believe civilians should not be allowed to carry firearms.
    Fyi, Dr. King owned guns, and had armed security for himself and his family. Dr. King even applied for his concealed carry permit, but was denied.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's very understandable. I have a relative who was accidentally shot while he and his friend were playing with a pistol. Thankfully, he survived.
    Guns are tools, not toys; and they should be handled responsibly. In itself, the gun is no more dangerous than the car in your driveway, the butcher knife in your kitchen, or the matches in your junk drawer.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to downplay your traumatic experience. I'm also not trying to convince you to become a gun owner. You have a right to own or avoid firearms, and I support your decision to do either.

If you are interested in overcoming your fear of firearms, I found these videos that may help you. Stay safe.
    View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NCaWMMUx4Xw

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8xgSNussm4Y

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z61CPsXn6Yo&t=96s

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My man Shango KelTec KSG is home defense, Rosa P. snub nose S&W.38 is CCW, and my baby Isis Glock 22. Next purchases will be a Khalid .308 long rifle, Martin Glock 30, Winnie Glock 26 and a truckload of ammo for them all.
    That part.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Before you buy new guns, decide why you want to own firearms:
    - are you interested in home defense?
    -do you want newer guns to add to your grandfather's collection?
    -do you want to take up shooting as a hobby?
    -do you want a gun that you can carry for self defense?
    -do you want to hunt deer, hogs, or other wildlife?

Knowing why you want guns will help steer you to the right type of gun (rifle, handgun, shotgun) to suit your needs.

If you want something for daily carry, I'd recommend a .380 or a .9mm (Be warned, .9mm ammo is very expensive right now). Both of these calibres are affordable, easy to carry, and pretty easy to operate.

If you are interested in a gun for home defense, either an AR-15 or a shotgun are good choices, but they each have pros & cons depending on your type of house/apartment.

Since you don't feel comfortable shopping in your local area, you can buy guns online (I posted a list of stores in this thread if you need it), and have them shipped to an FFL dealer in your area. That way, you can largely avoid dealing with unsavory people.

If you have children KEEP YOUR GUNS LOCKED AND SECURED WHEN NOT IN USE. Also, if you can, buy a gun safe to protect your kids from their natural curiosity.

Finally, if you are buying a gun for self defense, I'd strongly recommend that you purchase ccw insurance. That's a special type of insurance that protects you if you ever have to use your gun (some companies also cover knives, fists, etc.) to protect yourself, your family, and/or your home.
    If you in colorado there is a jamiacan black arms dealer in Denver. The shop is called On Point Arms, LLC | Windsor, Colorado Gun Store
    You can purchase online and get it sent anywhere with the appropriate arms dealer certification. This is where I bought both my Ar15 a 9mm and a shotgun. I have my wife shooting the AR now. Shooting your gun on your own land is an amazing feeling. Plus you become proficient when you can practice all the time.