Total views

The Reparations Megathread

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
He makes some valid points and I see where he's going with his comments. But we are owed by the Federal government and the States. Reparations shouldn't be a one time event. The Indians been getting the bag for 400 years. 200K ain't nothing in California but it's a good start. I don't live in California so I'm not in the know. All of us not blowing the money, some will and we know that. But some people will build with the money as well. I'm against not getting reparations until EVERYBODY on board with a business plan. Just my 2 cents.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Watch the video before you comment.

Totally understood what Umar's saying. Basically, UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL! Incorporate the money together to rebuild our communities, PUTTING THE MONEY BACK INTO BLACK, period! ✊🏽🤴🏾👸🏽✊🏽

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I am not FBA (but have lived in Cali) and I'll discuss it as a 000000 discussion that anyone can participate in.

My view 'cut the check'. Dr. Umar doesn't know the details of the Cali reparations movement I'm guessing. If the Cali had their way originally they'd be doing symbolic bullsh*t and any money would be going to latinos and gays as well as recent non American black residents. Tariq, Jay and others had to fight to get to the point where FBAs are getting a check.

The vast majority of Blacks will trick it off. It's still their money and they are owed. Just like if Pookie or Ray Ray hit the lotto, are you going to say they can't have the check because they'll waste it? No, they are due it.

The full benefit of the check will come from what people like Tariq, Jay and others who are Cali FBAs will do with it. The smart ones. There will 1000s of Blacks who will flip the money into something when they otherwise wouldn't have had the opportunity.

Second, whose to say we don't fight for all the reforms he is saying? A check doesn't come with a terms and agreement that says 'Now that you have the check, education, law enforcement and housing discrimination will go on as before'. Gays got gay marriage and did that stop them from demanding sh*t? Hell nah. It emboldened them. It will embolden us.

You can't save everyone. I have faith that a lot of them brothas and sistas in Compton, LBC, Watts who are even gangbanging, will do something good with it. Gangbangers only have a few ways to eat: a. sell drugs b. rob

My guess? A few will try to start rap careers. Some will try to open a business like a weed dispensary, clothing store like Nipsey, and many will fail but I think a lot will do well and I think the check will bring some pride and black folks will unite a wee bit more. How much is hard to determine. The check only coming to certain Blacks will bond you.

Anyway, my overall point is you can get a check and still fight for changes in the system and it can be argued that the check makes it an easier fight. The community will have the financial resources to mount a fight.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Not only do I disagree with Dr. Umar, I think he will lose some people. He's basically including my fellow non FBAs, they aren't going to fight for him, they don't like him and their voice doesn't matter anyway just as much as FBA coons voices don't matter.

ART
ART
Isn't it said that Dr. Umar is part or half Cuban?

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
This f*cking breaks my heart. I feel no shame whatsoever in saying scenes like this gets my eyes glazed a little in sadness and anger. This wasn't too long ago. This is one of so many reasons I am on here, do whatever I can. She's a slave. No other way to put it. They call it economic slavery but its the same as she been born prior to 1865.

She is why I ride for reparations in America for FBAs, for reparative justice elsewhere, Africa, Caribbean, where ever black folks are subjugated directly or indirectly

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
First, they don't have anyone on there who argues the counter. Second, this guy Patrick Bet David is low key or maybe not so low key racist. Roland was on there and he couldn't even handle Roland.
He's an Iranian immigrant who got super rich in his own business (and insurance, multi level marketing company). He does what a lot of white immigrants do, "I made it so why can't you". There are so many ways I could argue this were I to debate him but I'll spare you all. Guys like him will be worse than your basic American white boy when it comes to reparations and black justice.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
First, they don't have anyone on there who argues the counter. Second, this guy Patrick Bet David is low key or maybe not so low key racist. Roland was on there and he couldn't even handle Roland.
He's an Iranian immigrant who got super rich in his own business (and insurance, multi level marketing company). He does what a lot of white immigrants do, "I made it so why can't you". There are so many ways I could argue this were I to debate him but I'll spare you all. Guys like him will be worse than your basic American white boy when it comes to reparations and black justice.
Why do any of these Casper think that they have the right to speak on ANYTHING CONCERNING US, CAN's AS WELL?

RCNAL
RCNAL
Because they are white is the simple answer. But we know that already.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Some of you may not know who Charlie Kirk is. He is the one who first put Candace Owens on. He's a racist disguising himself as a Christian conservative. He's not a Christian. I don't see any evidence of being one.

Anyway, this is him pretty much conceding that reparations will happen. As TBA says 'This is GOOD. He is triggered by the census considering basically to de-lineate between 'descendants of American slaves' (FBAs essentially) and other blacks. Something I recommended way back on here on previous posts. Get it on the census for a myriad of reasons. Not just for reparations to go to who it should but also for the non FBAs who are anti Black but also too shortsided to see that if you are non FBA living in America, reparations is by extension good for you as well. On a sidenote, I also advocate for companies, universities, etc to provide the EEOC to FBAs.

This will also trigger the FBA sellouts like Larry Elder who will at some point have to debate this with someone who is well versed in it and he will lose publicly. He will do what he always does and have it be someone who is not well versed in countering and/or for reparations for 'minorities'. He's good at picking opposition that he knows is not representative or prepared.

Anyway, the fight isn't over, but we get a hint that white people know its going to happen. I recall Tariq saying confidently it will happen. These folks obviously are watching TBA, Tariq very, very closely.

Lastly, his arguments are easily countered. I notice you NEVER hear white people against reparations debate Blacks in that space. I had a British friend recently discuss with me reparations by England and raised the same points. He wasn't being argumentative, he just wanted to know why and how it would be justified. An American white friend was on the same whatsapp message. Afterwards, there was no more counter. The Brits are debating reparations primarily in the Caribbean but also secondarily to Africans. Brits got a huge potential check because you thrown in India, and other places because of that global empire.

Anyway, I would love for someone to openly invite Charlie Kirk to discuss it and watch him do what he does when he's caught. He'll deflect, get emotionally angry and do what he taught Candace Owens to do. Talk twice the normal rate and have it be all word salad.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Anyone know the paperwork on this Nikole Hannah Jones sista? She's biracial which isn't a bad thing IF your head is right. She's part of that 1619 Project thing and the one thing. She's saying the right things. I think she was a bit too passive in saying direct payments is needed. I'd like her to be more forceful like its not up for debate.

Personally, I am wary of ANYONE who is advocate for reparations, reparative justice, etc but don't eff with the masses. And don't eff with Dr. Claud Anderson. Always wary, I've not met anyone I trust who didn't try to connect with him, Tariq or others that have mass influence.

Supabrett

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    He won't support cash, he just don't want to say it til he has to.

Long road ahead.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Anyone know the paperwork on this Nikole Hannah Jones sista? She's biracial which isn't a bad thing IF your head is right. She's part of that 1619 Project thing and the one thing. She's saying the right things. I think she was a bit too passive in saying direct payments is needed. I'd like her to be more forceful like its not up for debate.

Personally, I am wary of ANYONE who is advocate for reparations, reparative justice, etc but don't eff with the masses. And don't eff with Dr. Claud Anderson. Always wary, I've not met anyone I trust who didn't try to connect with him, Tariq or others that have mass influence.

People involved with the 1619 project been suspect.....their paperwork came back dirty.....especially biracial girl.....just be aware.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I won't go through all these pages but I have been binge watching 'The Good Fight', which is spin off of 'The Good Wife'. This is about a black law firm in Chicago.

Anyway, season 4, episode 3, the DNC asks them to brainstorm about what issues are important to African Americans and reparations was discussed. I didn't hear the counters we all know so although kudos for at least discussing it, it wasn't a thorough enough discussion of the pros and cons for me to say it was great.

Just points for at least discussing it in a tv show.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Godfrey dropping gems. He's of Nigerian parents and proof there are blacks from all lineages that are on the same page.

He also agrees Nigerians look down on black Americans. 7:00 minute in.

Godfrey on Blacks from the Diaspora Looking Down on African Americans (Part 7)

I've said on here I've met non American blacks who are as committed to fighting white supremacy as any FBA I've seen. Not many, its far and inbetween. And they are way, way few in number but when you find one, they RIDE.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Philly is now talking reparations. Would love to know the details.
    I'm starting to think reparations on a national level will go the same route as gay marriage did.
    It started locally in cities, then whole states and then when enough large cities and states did it, the Federal government then thought it was politically okay.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We’ll see what happens now. I’m interested to see if Gavin Newsom has the gumption to push for real benefits going directly and solely to Black Americans.

i'm currently on page 835. i'm reading through a lot of stuff i don't recall black people asking for in the meetings. Before we can hold Gavin accountable, the taskforce themselves have to push for it and from what I'm reading so far... smh. i don't think they are.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    i'm currently on page 835. i'm reading through a lot of stuff i don't recall black people asking for in the meetings. Before we can hold Gavin accountable, the taskforce themselves have to push for it and from what I'm reading so far... smh. i don't think they are.
    Because there were 4 members trying to railroad the entire thing. It was hard even getting it to be strictly for Black Americans. What is gonna happen is they are going to cherry pick the benign recommendations, put them into play, and say “YAAAAAY REPARATIONS”.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Because there were 4 members trying to railroad the entire thing. It was hard even getting it to be strictly for Black Americans. What is gonna happen is they are going to cherry pick the benign recommendations, put them into play, and say “YAAAAAY REPARATIONS”.
    yeah. there's a LOT of all-inclusive stuff in the report.

FitzGz74!

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    nah, anything pertaining to benign is a no.
    i actually thought about elementary school this afternoon and a enlightened engagement I had with someone from that time.
    To seeing the person in present...
    How could that person today or others like her be complicit w/ silences?
    We were just children growing up on individual assignments. That the other could adapt into history of malice.?
    Railroading- huh...

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    nah, anything pertaining to benign is a no.
    i actually thought about elementary school this afternoon and a enlightened engagement I had with someone from that time.
    To seeing the person in present...
    How could that person today or others like her be complicit w/ silences?
    We were just children growing up on individual assignments. That the other could adapt into history of malice.?
    Railroading- huh...
    What do you mean? I’m talking about the grift they have been trying to pull. They wanted to put in a bunch of inclusive language so that they can enact it and pretend it’s reparations.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    He makes some valid points and I see where he's going with his comments. But we are owed by the Federal government and the States. Reparations shouldn't be a one time event. The Indians been getting the bag for 400 years. 200K ain't nothing in California but it's a good start. I don't live in California so I'm not in the know. All of us not blowing the money, some will and we know that. But some people will build with the money as well. I'm against not getting reparations until EVERYBODY on board with a business plan. Just my 2 cents.
    Yes, and we organizers and advocates for reparations and our people need that raw Indian data, how much and how are they being paid because we’re talking about the same thieves and murderers.. let’s be clear.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    The Grio is now trying to get ahead of the reparations talk and will eventually act like they were at the forefront of it when it becomes inevitable.
    Be prepared for black folks taking credit for pushing reparations who were at best lukewarm before if not openly laughing at it or against it.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    One of the strangest convos I with FBAs who poo poo on direct cash payments to the FBA masses. They aren't Republican, they are anywhere from just your average brotha to even black empowerment types.

The number one thing I hear is the old Pookie and Ray Ray are just gonna blow the bag. I think I counter it well enough (its owed, there were 1000s of poor illiterate Jews from eastern Europe out of those death camps who got checks, red Indians didn't have financial literacy either, but they got paid, there will be some who flip it. why can't there be financial literacy offered but not a requirement, blah, blah) but its like its in one ear and out the other. It doesn't matter.

It's this strange convo based on a recipient with a non recipient. It's sad, funny in a strange way, and a head scratcher.